Grand Bazaar NYC
Last Updated and Effective as of: October 17 2018
Information That We Collect: We do not collect personally identifiable information about you unless you voluntarily submit that information to us, such as through our contact pages, by e-mail, by making a donation, by making a purchase, by applying to become a vendor or volunteer, by becoming a sponsor or partner, by signing up for our newsletter, or some other means. The personally identifiable information which you may provide to us could include your name, physical address, telephone number, e-mail address, job title, payment information or other information you provide.
We also collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser when you visit the Website. This information may include the type of browser or device operating system you use, the website that linked you to our Website, the date and time of your visit, the time you spend and the pages you view on the Website, as well as your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
An “IP address” is a unique number that is automatically assigned to your device when you connect to the Internet. It is used to identify your device’s “location” in cyberspace, so that the information you request can be delivered to you. IP addresses do not include your name, e-mail address, or other information that identifies you personally, but note that in some cases, they can be used to identify you or your device.
We may also aggregate information collected from Website visitors, such as the number of users in a particular region or having particular characteristics.
Information Usage, Disclosure and Recipients: We may use your personally identifying information in the following ways:
- We will use personally identifiable information to operate the Website and to provide you with any specific services that you have requested.
- We may share your personally identifiable information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To opt out of such disclosures, please see the “Opt Out” section below.
- We may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your direct inquires.
- We will use your personally identifiable information to add you to our mailing lists and to send you emails from time to time.
- We may permit our vendors and subcontractors (such as our email service providers, payment processors (including with respect to donations or purchases made), website host and form providers, etc.) to access your personally identifiable information, but they are only permitted to do so in connection with performing services for us. They are not authorized by us to use the information for their own benefit.
- We may disclose personally identifiable information as required by law or legal process.
- We may disclose personally identifiable information to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, or the policies for the Website.
- We may transfer your personally identifiable information in connection with a bankruptcy proceeding or the sale, merger or change of control of Company or the division responsible for the services with which your personally identifiable information is associated.
- We may disclose personally identifiable information about donors to the recipients of the donations you make. These recipients include the Parent Associations of PS 87, The Computer School, PS 334 (Anderson Program), M.S. M247 Dual Language Middle School and the NYC Department of Education.
Please note that if you specifically consent to additional uses of your personally identifiable information, we may use your personally identifiable information in a manner consistent with that consent.
We may also use and place cookies on your device from our third party service providers in connection with the Website, such as an analytics provider that helps us manage and analyze Website usage. An example of such third party is Google Analytics, which we use to collect and analyze demographic and other information, and through which Google will collect certain information to be used according to Google’s privacy practices. To opt-out of the use of Google Analytics, click here. We use session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain active on your hard drive until they expire or are deleted.
If you want to stop or restrict the placement of cookies or flush any cookies that may already be on your computer or device, please refer to and adjust your web browser preferences. Further information on cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. By deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Website or some of its functionality may be affected. Cookies and similar items are not used by us to automatically retrieve personally identifiable information from your device without your knowledge.
Security and Data Retention: We have undertaken and will undertake commercially reasonable efforts designed to prevent unauthorized access to user data retained in our servers, however, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information provided online. We will retain your information for as long as your account or inquiry is active or as needed to provide you with the Website and for a reasonable time thereafter in accordance with our standard procedures or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. Even if we delete some or all of your personally identifiable information, we may continue to retain and use aggregate or anonymous data previously collected and/or anonymize or aggregate your personally identifiable information. Please note that we will not be liable for disclosures of your data due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties.
Other Websites, Apps and Services: As a convenience to you, we may provide links to third party websites, apps or services from within the Website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third party sites, and by providing a link we are not endorsing or promoting such third party sites. When you link away from our Website, you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to read the policies and terms of every website, app or service you visit.
Social Networking Services and Publicly Accessible Content: The Website may integrate with social networking services. You understand that we do not control such services and are not liable for the manner in which they operate. While we may provide you with the ability to use such services in connection with our Website, we are doing so merely as an accommodation and, like you, are relying upon those third party services to operate properly and fairly.
You should be aware that personally identifiable information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, social network or otherwise online may be viewed and used by others. We are unable to control such uses of your personally identifiable information, and by using such services you assume the risk that the personally identifiable information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties.
Additional EEA Disclosures: If you are situated in the EEA, the following section pertains to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal data and additional rights you have under applicable law.
GreenFlea, Inc. is the data controller of all personal data collected through our Website. To contact us, please see the section titled “Contact Us”.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where you have consented to a certain use of your personal data.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
To the extent permitted under applicable laws, we will also process, transfer, disclose and preserve personal data when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary.
Provision of personal data and failure to provide personal data:
Where we need to collect personal data by law or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to enable you to provide a vendor or to complete a donation). In this case, we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
Withdrawing your consent:
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us via the “Contact Us” form on the Website or using the email address listed in the “Contact Us” section below.
Use of your personal data for marketing purposes:
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising:
- Promotional offers from us: We may use your personal data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you. You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or used our services and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
- Third-party marketing: We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside our company for marketing purposes.
To see how you can opt out of marketing communications, please see the section titled “Opt-Out Rights and Choices”.
Data Subject Rights:
If you are a situated in the EEA, under certain circumstances under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), as a data subject, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”).
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party.
- Withdraw consent where we are relying on consent to process your personal data.
To exercise your rights under the GDPR, please contact us at the email address listed in the “Contact Us” section below.
We may transfer personal data from the EEA to the USA and other countries, some of which have not been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection. If we transfer personal data outside the EEA to a processor, such transfer will be in compliance with the requirements of the GDPR. Please contact us for more information about our data transfer methods.
Right to Complain to a Supervisory Authority:
You have the right to complain to a supervisory authority. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach your supervisory authority so please contact us at the email address listed in the “Contact Us” section below in the first instance and we will do our very best to resolve your concerns.
Information Relating to Children: Our Website is designed for those 13 years of age and older. We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 13. If we are made aware that we have received such information, or any information in violation of our policy, we will use reasonable efforts to locate and remove that information from our records.
Communications with Us or Through Our Website: By providing your email address to us, you expressly consent to receive emails from us. We may use email to communicate with you, to send information that you have requested or to send information about other products and services provided by us. Any communication or material you transmit to us by email or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, are and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Except to the extent expressly covered by this policy, anything you transmit or post may be used by us for any purpose, including but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting.
As noted above, you may opt-out of or restrict the placement of cookies on your device or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences.
You may also request access to your personally identifiable information (if you have provided it to us through the website) and information about our collection, use and disclosure of that information by using the email contact information provided below. Unless prohibited by law or legal process, you will be given reasonable access to your personally identifiable information, entitlement to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your personally identifiable information, and the ability to have it amended as appropriate. You can help us maintain the accuracy of your personally identifiable information by keeping your account information up-to-date or notifying us of any changes to it.
Do Not Track: Please note that we do not respond to or honor “do not track” (a/k/a/ DNT) signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
California Privacy: Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of personally identifiable information, such as name, email address and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us by email at the email address listed below. If you do not want your personally identifying information shared with any third party who may use such information for direct marketing purposes, then you may opt out of such disclosures by sending an email to the email address listed below.